What a difference a year can make; after a couple consecutive years of pandemic-related uncertainties, the world has finally turned the page. And as we kick off 2023, the team at Sylabs couldn’t be prouder of all the progress we made with everything from new offerings...
The container platform for HPC, supercomputing, and AI
SingularityPRO 3.5, released January 21st, 2020, brings exciting new features to the long-term professionally supported version of the container platform. Based on the open source 3.5.2 release, SingularityPRO will receive security and bug fixes for 3 years, making it an ideal solution for the business-driven needs of enterprise customers containerizing their compute workloads.
New to SingularityPRO 3.5
- Encrypted Containers – encrypt the contents of your containers to prevent information leaks, and run them directly, without decrypting the content to disk. Along with integrated cryptographic signatures, encryption makes SingularityPRO ideally suited to applications where it’s important to secure, protect, and validate your applications and data throughout the entire DevSecOps workflow.
- Fakeroot – act as root when building and running containers, without escalating privilege on the host system. Fakeroot improves ease of use on secured, shared systems by allowing users to build and use Singularity containers without sudo rights.
- ROCm Integration – easily access AMD Radeon GPUs for ROCm and OpenCL compute, with the new `–rocm` option. SingularityPRO now has native support for both major GPU vendors.
- Remote Endpoint Management – easily configure and use both the Sylabs Cloud and on-premise Singularity Enterprise library, remote builder, and keystore services. Singularity Enterprise services are fully integrated with SingularityPRO and support rapid adoption and use of containerization in data centers, clouds, and all the way out to the near and far edge.
SingularityPRO 3.5 is available now with support for a wider range of enterprise Linux distributions, for x86, ARM64, and POWER architectures. Packages are available for:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / 7 / 8
- SUSE Enterprise Server 12 / 15
- Ubuntu LTS 16.04 / 18.04
Contact Sylabs for more information, and to get started using SingularityPRO to streamline your HPC, AI/ML, and ultra secure enterprise workflows.
 Encrypted containers are not supported on RHEL6 or Ubuntu 16.04.
 Fakeroot / user namespaces are not supported on RHEL6.
Join Our Mailing List
Top performance-based container runtime technology now available for Enterprise Linux users Reno, NV – (January 11, 2022) – Sylabs, the global leader in providing container technology and services for performance-intensive workloads, today announced that SingularityCE...
Sylabs Partnership With Atos Expands Singularity Container Utility to Enable Spare Cluster Monetization for HPC Centers
Sylabs Partnership With Atos Expands Singularity Container Utility to Enable Spare Cluster Monetization for HPC Centers Reno, NV – (November 15, 2022) – Sylabs, the global leader in providing container technology and services for performance-intensive workloads, today...