Who is Sylabs? We are often asked about who Sylabs is, and what we are working on for both the open source community, and for those who require professional support of their HPC container workflow environments. Sylabs was created in 2017 to provide support,...
The container platform for HPC, supercomputing, and AI
SingularityPRO 3.5, released January 21st, 2020, brings exciting new features to the long-term professionally supported version of the container platform. Based on the open source 3.5.2 release, SingularityPRO will receive security and bug fixes for 3 years, making it an ideal solution for the business-driven needs of enterprise customers containerizing their compute workloads.
New to SingularityPRO 3.5
- Encrypted Containers – encrypt the contents of your containers to prevent information leaks, and run them directly, without decrypting the content to disk. Along with integrated cryptographic signatures, encryption makes SingularityPRO ideally suited to applications where it’s important to secure, protect, and validate your applications and data throughout the entire DevSecOps workflow.
- Fakeroot – act as root when building and running containers, without escalating privilege on the host system. Fakeroot improves ease of use on secured, shared systems by allowing users to build and use Singularity containers without sudo rights.
- ROCm Integration – easily access AMD Radeon GPUs for ROCm and OpenCL compute, with the new `–rocm` option. SingularityPRO now has native support for both major GPU vendors.
- Remote Endpoint Management – easily configure and use both the Sylabs Cloud and on-premise Singularity Enterprise library, remote builder, and keystore services. Singularity Enterprise services are fully integrated with SingularityPRO and support rapid adoption and use of containerization in data centers, clouds, and all the way out to the near and far edge.
SingularityPRO 3.5 is available now with support for a wider range of enterprise Linux distributions, for x86, ARM64, and POWER architectures. Packages are available for:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / 7 / 8
- SUSE Enterprise Server 12 / 15
- Ubuntu LTS 16.04 / 18.04
Contact Sylabs for more information, and to get started using SingularityPRO to streamline your HPC, AI/ML, and ultra secure enterprise workflows.
 Encrypted containers are not supported on RHEL6 or Ubuntu 16.04.
 Fakeroot / user namespaces are not supported on RHEL6.
Join Our Mailing List
Singularity Container Developer to Pitch “Up-Armored” Containers at The Defense TechConnect Innovation Summit Reno, NV – (September 14, 2022) – Sylabs, the global leader in providing container technology and services for performance-intensive workloads, today...
Now that we have readied the WSL2 environment with Singularity and the relevant CUDA libraries, it’s time to run the sample Keras workflow.